USB Flash Drives for Colleges and Universities
Student Orientation Solutions
New Students make a big commitment when they sign up with new schools. Here you’ll find resources to help create a first impression that makes them feel welcome and encourages their success.
Student Orientation Case Studies
Recommended Data Load for Student Orientation:
- Intro or Welcome Letter
- Support Tools and Information
- Student Handbook
- Student Code of Conduct
- Class Schedules and Course Information
- Network (LAN) Information
- Software (i.e. Virus Protection)
- Campus Info:
- Campus Map
- Campus and City Bus Routes
- Guides to Campus Living
- Office Directory Listing with Contact Numbers and Email Addresses
- Library Information (i.e. Floor Plan & Schedule)
- What the College has to Offer:
- Schedule of Activities and Events
- Schedule of Programs
- Organizations, Fraternities, and Sororities
- Guide to Student Services
- Study Group or Tutoring Information
Student Recruitment Solutions
Finding new ways to stand out from competing universities is essential to being seen and remembered. Here you’ll find resources to help maximize your enrollment and attract the best and the brightest.
How to Distribute Your Recruitment Flash Drives :
- Create separate flash drives for parents and for students with data preloads tailored to each.
- Send to High School Counselors for distribution and stand out against paper materials from competing colleges.
- At College Fairs, hand out flash drives with a lanyard attachment, making it easy to carry and hard to lose.
- Attract International students by making the impression that you are tech-savvy and current with the information age.
- Hand out face-to-face over applicant interviews to stay in contention for the brightest students.
Student Recruitment Case Studies
Medical College of Wisconsin
See how MCW used flash drives to help target and recruit top talent students.
See how Menlo used flash drives to make their recruitment efforts more economical and impactful.
Admiral Farragut Academy
See how flash drives made the recruitment experience convenient for prospective parents, and helped AFA look high-tech.
College of Business at Lipscomb University
See how Lipscomb used flash drives to help build strong professional networks for their students and promote further education.
Recommended Data Load:
- Prospectus with Overview of College
- Admission Application
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Docs
- History of School’s Academic Performance
- Famous Alumni and List of Impressive Quick Facts about your School
- Web Links to College Home Page or Other Relevant Pages
- Guides to Help Students Select the Best College
- International Program Information
- Course Catalog
- Student Handbook
- Student Code of Conduct
- Guide to Residential Life
- Videos Ideas:
- Video with a Introduction to the College
- Video Designed to Answer “Why (Your School)?”
- Videos of Campus Living
Faculty Support and Orientation Solutions
Professors are using flash drives for saving and carrying important documents such as grades, lesson plans, forms, presentations, photographs, activities, letters to parents or important student information. Here you’ll find resources to tailor a flash drive gift for teachers at any stage of their career.
Recommended Support Data Load:
- Lesson Plans
- Training Exercises
- Test and Quizzes
- Faculty Resources
- Colleague Profiles, Contact Info
Recommended Orientation Data Load:
- All of the Above
- “Welcome Letter”
- Orientation Training Modules
- Orientation Presentations
- Orientation Exercises
- Campus Resources Guide
- Teaching Guides
- Policies and Procedures
Faculty Support Case Studies
The Ohio State University “University Center for Advancement of Teaching”
See how the largest public school in the country uses flash drives to train new teachers and support their success.
See how the Aggies “Made the right impression on the right people”
- Provide content via web links — Content remains permanently fresh by updating the online resources, so the content never becomes dated.
- Add a Lanyard – Almost all teachers are required to have badges these days and most have found it a convenience to be able to strap their flash driveto a lanyard along with their ID. For the perfect combination of both: See Style Lanyard USB.
- Flash Drive Distribution Methods:
- Orientation Events
- Teacher Appreciation Days or Events
- Have IT Team Distribute and Provide Training if Necessary
School Store and Fundraising Solutions
USB drives are a necessity for all students and teachers, which is why so many K-12 and Universities are selling custom flash drives to augment their fundraising. Here you will find resources to help you improve your flash drive sales and margins.
- Sell meaningful capacities (1GB, 2GB, 4GB)
- Consider your student’s color preferences— Students are accessorizing at every opportunity to express personality and individuality.
- Pantone match your school colors – school pride always sells.
- Offer an array of vibrant colors with your school logo—Students are proud of their school’s logo, but today’s kids aren’t allegiant to their school colors when faced with the option to accessorize and express themselves.
- Add Lanyards. They are affordable and add value by helping students keep track of their data and double as a location to wear their Student ID.
You can still save on bulk rates by managing your purchases in two ways:
- Purchase at least 1 year’s worth of flash drives in advance
- Purchasing multiple capacities in smaller quantities to qualify for a total volume discount (i.e. 50x1GB + 50x2GB = 100 level pricing OR 50x1GB white + 50x1GB black + 50x1GB blue = 150 level pricing)
Lanyards – Lanyard attachments can be used to hang from the store walls.
Clamshell Packaging -A custom sleeve backing sells the features, while the clamshell cover dresses up the drive for resale.
Campus Bookstore Case Studies
Other Fundraising Recommendation:
- Make flash drives “required materials”. At the beginning of the school year, add flash drives to your “Student Supplies List” for the upcoming year to drive school store sales.
- Pre-load School Events and sell them. Add value by adding photos from a field trip or retreat, an electronic yearbook, or video of a sports game, graduation or reunion.
- Growing trend: Sell flash drives at the school library. This is often the point of immediate need for students and teachers that want to save work from the libarary’s on-site computer terminals.
- Re-sell flash drives for a cause. Send emails and print media announcing the sale of flash drives for a premium to raise funds for the University or a Program. Consider pre-loading materials that outline the value of their contribution and pre-load a “thank you” message in gratitude.
- Distribute flash drives to raise campaign awareness with the right people. Get the immediate attention of potential contributors that can make a difference.
- Data Load — materials like video’s, prospectus, campaign goals, donation materials
- Double-sided print to improve your causes’ exposure — In addition to your School’s Logo and slogan, a second side print can be used to brand the program name or specific cause for which funds are being raised.
Other Unique Flash Drive Solutions for Higher Education
Conserve Central Disk Space (LAN):
Flash drives can take the pressure off the limited storage space available on many school networks. Flash drive gifts to students can replace the need to allocate significant network space for those students.
See how Ryerson supported its students while conserving the University’s valuable disk space.
Promote Intellectual Property:
Research and Development at Universities is responsible for innovations in several industries. Flash drives can help Universities promote their products just as well as they market for corporations.
University of Illinois
See how U of I used flash drives to efficiently managed trade show giveaways and promoted licensing opportunities.
Sponsor and Support Associations:
Several Universities specialize in fields of study. It is mutually beneficial to have relationships with Associations closely related to those fields. In support, schools use flash drives to promote those associations.
UCLA School of Nursing
See how UCLA helped the American Heart Association bolster recruitment efforts and appreciate their members.
Hand out paper material and they are often discarded or buried. Hand out material electronically, and it has a higher likelihood of being referenced again in the future. Presentation materials, videos, and other important documents can be provided via flash drive for a stronger, more dynamic impact.
SUNY College at Old Westbury
See how SUNY College impressed their students, shaped student behavior, and helped the campus Go Green with custom flash drives.